Saturday, June 06, 2015

Farm Island Pre-fish

8:00AM-3:30PM
Conditions:  Overcast most of the time, it  sprinkeled on us a couple of times, windy out of the SE, temps in the 60's

When putting in it was a good thing Roger Ubl, my boater for the Farm Island Lake Tournament, forgot to unhook his boat, because he also forgot to put the plug in.

We tried some reeds near docks to start and didn't get a sniff.  Next we went to the reeds outside the SW slop bay.  I got a 14.75" bass on the Horny Toad.  Next we went in to check the slop.  Fish were in there.  I was having trouble getting the Lunkerhunt Frog to fish in the rice.  It seemed like ever other cast I had a problem.  Roger got 2 or 3 quality fish and I missed a few.  I was getting kind of frustrated with Roger catching fish and me not.  I had a pike bite of the tails of my Horny Toad.  That made it so the bait worked over the rice better and I started catching fish.  I got 15.5",15.25", 11.75", and a 14" and missed some bites as well.

We decided to stop beating on them and went to the NW corner of the lake.  The area looked good but the wind didn't allow us to fish it efficiently.  We then went to another slop Bay outside of the main access bay and didn't get anything.

We then went to Little Pine Lake.  This lake had the perfect mix of cover for fishing the Lunkerhunt Lunker Frog, which I did until half of the frog's leg got bit off.  I landed a 12.75", 14.25", 16.25", and 15.25" bass before that happened.  I also missed a few and Roger caught some nice fish as well.  I caught a small pike on a craw tube.

We then went to the NE slop bay.  I missed a couple of bites and got 15.33" on a Mad Maxx Frog.  I also got a rock bass on a green pumpkin Grass Pig.  It was threatening rain so we called it a day.  We got a free fish towel from the Invasive Species Inspector.

No comments: