Tuesday, June 09, 2015

Skunked with My Brother Todd

Today my brother Todd came over to check out some stuff over here after being at the hospital for Mom.  His introduction to Kaylee didn't go so well.  He wanted to do some fishing, so we went out even though it was during the hottest part of the day when it got to 87 degrees.  We tried a Bulldog, Rock, and the GOMH.  It's a good thing we stopped at Bear Trax to get something to drink.  Our best shot at fish was a small bass at Bulldog.  We got to Rock at about 5PM and it was shaded with a breeze out of the SE.  A turtle was laying eggs there by the dock and the beaver swam bye and Todd sat on the dock with his feet in the water and we talked for a while.  We did try fishing as well.  Then we went to the GOMH.  Peter and Matt were there fishing.  Matt had gotten one toothy and Peter a few small oranges on worms.  We tried the SW side and didn't get anything.  Todd left and I tried the NE side, nothing.  I put the Rod Gloves on my rods, then decided to give the SE side one last shot with my Tatula Rod and Reel with the white Spro Poppin' Frog on it.  I had something boil on it on two consecutive cast but didn't hook up.  I was getting ready to pull away in the Expedition when I noticed "Red" in my side mirror.  I had to get out and talk to Willard for a couple of minutes then I left.

No comments: