Tuesday, May 08, 2018

Windy Cool Wet Night at the GOMH

18.25" Piranha/Swim Fluke Jr.
7:15-9:45PM GOMH NE SW SE
Conditions: 53-50℉, Cloudy some light rain, Windy ENE,
Water High but falling
17.5" Crawtube
When I arrived at the GOMH tonight the same guy who was there last night was there with an additional kid and his wife.  They had the S side all covered up.  That left me in the wind.  I didn't mind, although I wish I had some fishing gloves with.  I caught jumpers on the Piranha, Crawtube, and Storm Swim Shad I also missed quite a few bites.  The guy from the other side came over to talk.  I told him what I have been catching this year.  They left shortly after he went back to the south side.  I went down on the SW side shortly after that.  It must have been a little after 8:30.  It was pretty much the same story on the south side.  Jumpin' bullheads.
23" Storm Swim Shad
I did get the one golden on the 2" Storm Swim Shad and I think I lost a silver on it as well.  Shortly after I got the gold it started to sprinkle.  I missed one hit on the Glow Demon/stickleback on the SW side.  I eventually went over to the SE side and got a bite.  It was definitely no silver and unfortunately swam toward the bullrushes. It buried itself under the weed mat in front of the hole in the rushes. Somehow I was able to get my line past the rushes so I had a straight shot to the fish.  I went and got the Piranha rod and pulled away some of the mat.  I was then able to pull the jumper on top and land it.  Catching that fish and getting my whole rig back was a minor miracle.
The bobber was originally under the mat and I couldn't set where it was.

17.5" Glow Demon/stickleback
 

No comments: