Thursday, May 03, 2018

Day Began With Hope Then Fizzled In the End


It was about 37℉ when I left for the GOMH at 5:10AM.  It was calm, and the world was awake with birds and frogs singing away.  I thought for sure I would get at least something, but the bullheads were just not around.  I went NE side, SW Side, and back to the NE side after sunrise.  I had a toothy on briefly on a white craw tube on one of my last casts.  I then checked the Platte Public Access where the dock was in.  Then I went to Bulldog, nothing there.  Then I went to Rock.  The Rock Dock was in, and a boat was out fishing.  Didn't get anything there.  Stopped at Bear Trax, and they just gave me what was left of their crappie minnows as it was mostly sticklebacks and one bullhead/catfish.











 I got the Trophy vacuumed out today, the first run anyway.  I didn't get out until after 7PM.  I was surprised no one was at Bulldog.  No fish, that's why. I tried both spots.  I quickly eliminated Rock, then went to the GOMH.  Nobody there either.  I had one toothy follow the Panfish Chatterbait in on the NE side. Probably the same fish from this morning.  That was it for action.  I stayed until 9:30 or so.  I'm a little concerned that I couldn't get a few fish after such a warm sunny day.  Maybe the shallows are warming up to fast? 

No comments: