Sunday, May 20, 2018

Devin's Birthday Bullhead & More




Devin's 12th Birthday Bullhead is a toothy
5:00-7:00AM GOMH SW NE SW
Conditions: 35-42℉, Partly Cloudy, Calm or slight NE wind

When I arrived this morning to get Devin her birthday bullhead no other than Sneaky C was there fishing.  He said he had just gotten there and had gotten a couple of toothys. I talked with him for a while and found out about the very good Opener he had out on the Big Pond.  Eventually, I went down on the SW side.  I think heard Sneaky catch a couple of fish and then he left.  I went over to the NE side and didn't get a thing, so I went back to the SW side and thankfully got Devin's Birthday Bullhead.  I got one small jumper as well.  Because it wasn't happening I went home and posted about my morning on Facebook and switched cars.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4.10lbs/18.5" Poison/Swim Fluke Jr.
9:00-2:00PM Inlet Bay, Dennis Flat, Center North Bay
Conditions:50-67℉, Mostly Sunny, Wind ENE

So the plan was to fish them shallow on the North side of the lake, but a trip from The Tree to the Starting Spot only produced one or two pike, so I headed out onto Dennis Flat and quickly caught a couple of pike and a 15.5" on the Poison.  I worked the Flat back to the East.  After I quickly caught a couple of nice ones I anchored.  To heck with fighting the wind.  It was a good spot and I caught several nice fish there including my biggest of the day (Pictured above).
16.5" Hooked by the Parasite Clip
After sitting there for a good hour and a half things got kind of slow so I moved into the reeds and had a big dogfish follow, but not hit doggone it.  Not much was going on in the reeds so I drifted back across the Flat catching pike and bass as I went.  I went shallow again as I passed Double Caine Point.  I got a couple there as I made my way into North Center Bay.  I got a couple of decent basses there but it was mostly pike and small ones.  Nothing on the West side of the bay up to Big Bass Point.
Best 6 for the Trip

For the trip:
18 Bass
17 Pike
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2.08"/15.75"
 
8:00-9:30PM F Flat with Devin and Steve, then the Reeds Across the Way with Steve
Conditions: Perfect but it didn't matter

So I took out Devin and Steve on a quest to get Devin a birthday bass on the Trait Crist Fishing Rod Combo that I bought for her birthday.  I thought I would head to the dock area of F Flat, but as I was heading that direction a boat was pulling into the area.  No problem we should be able to get some fish over by the North reed corner.  Wrong call.  The choice to work our way to the dock, wrong call.  Sure Steve and I missed a few bites, but Devin wasn't getting bit.  We got over to the dock and nothing was there and Devin wanted to head in, so I took her in and went back out to the reeds across the way with Steve. 
Not much was going on in the reeds.  I should have done what I should have done with Devin, which was head to North Center Bay.  Steve did get the one decent one and a dink and I missed a couple on the Sprinker.  We did have a great view though.



No comments: