Monday, May 14, 2018

Morning Crushfest at the GOMH/ Evening Trip as Well

17.75" Bubble Walker
5:00-10:00AM GOMH NE SW NE
Conditions: 50-64, Partly to mostly cloudy, Calm with a south wind after 9, water level normal high



19.25" Grass Pig
I was glad to see no one beat me to the GOMH this morning.  On my second cast, I was rewarded with some gold.  Then it got slow for about half an hour.  Finally, I picked up a jumper on the Bubble Walker, first topwater fish of the year.
14.75" Bubble Walker
I got one other small jumper on the Poison, before bailing to the SW side.  I started stroking them pretty good on the Crackle color Jerk Shad. This 18.25 was the biggest.
18.25" Jerk Shad (Crackle
I ended up with 15 jumpers and two toothy's on the Jerk Shad for the morning. After they were done for the most part on the Jerk Shad it was craw tube time;  I got 12 jumpers on that for the morning.  Here was the biggest craw tube jumper.
18.25" Craw Tube (Brown/Grn Pumpkin)
I got a couple of smaller jumpers on the Bubble Walker on the SW side.  When the action slowed at about 8:45 I went back to the NE side and it was AWWWWWWWWWWN topwater.  I got a 16.5, 18.25, 2x 17, and 17.75 before a boat came through and shut it down for a while.  The boat is in that first picture.
18.25" Bubble Walker
I did manage to get a couple more jumpers on the Bubble Walker and craw tube, including the 18.25" pictured above this last one.  I also got one toothy on the Bubble Walker.  So it was 12 bullheads total on the Bubble Walker.  The wind came up and it started to sprinkle as I was packing up.  A very good trip I would say.
The 4.93 was the 24.5" Walleye I got at Mille Lacs that I couldn' get to scrub.
So 21.65 for my best 6 jumpers this morning
41 Jumpers
5 Toothy
1 Gold
 -------------------------------------------------------------
23" Poison/RaZor Shad (Bulldog)
8:00-8:20PM GOMH NE
8:30-9:30 Bulldog
9:30-10:00 GOMH NE
Conditions: 60's Partly Cloudy, SW wind turning calm
15.75" Craw Tube (Brown/Grn Pumpkin)
I decided at the last second to go to the GOMH first.  There were people on all sides.  I decided to throw a few casts with the Horny Toad on the NE side.  I then threw a few with the Poison and was rewarded with a 20" or so toothy that I gave to a nice old lady that was fishing on the NE side.  I went down on the SW side briefly.  I lost the tail of the RaZor Shad.  At that point, I bailed for Bulldog.  Thankfully no was there.  I caught 4 bass and the 1 pike.  I missed several bites on the craw tube as well.  I wouldn't say it was a clown show, but I had to retie 3 different times due to freaky occurrences and I couldn't get that walleye off the Rapala Scale.  I wasted a good 5 minutes of fishing time messing with the scale.  It looked like a beautiful sunset but my view of it was obscured at Bulldog.

I went back to the GOMH and no one was there, neither were any bullheads.  Somebody else showed up at about 9:50 and as I was packing up the car Lantern Man's son showed up.

No comments: