Friday, May 11, 2018

Morning at the GOMH, Evening ???






5:30-8:00AM GOMH NE SW
Conditions: 39-43℉, Partly Cloudy, Light N wind
17.9" StormSwim Shad
I knew it was going to be a brilliant sunrise by the red hues in the East when I left the house this morning.  Not a lot was happening on the NE side.  A couple jumpers that's it.  There was a couple people fishing off the dock on GOMH N Point.  I left for the SW side at about 6AM.  A couple showed up as I was crossing the road.  He forgot to bring a rod and she got a nice jumper on her first cast.  I got my big fish of the morning on the 2" Storm Wildeye Swim Shad.  They went over to the North side and another guy showed up.  I landed my only silver in the morning on a Cubby/minnow.  The girl came back and started casting from the bridge.  She got a nice jumper and got tangled in the other guy's line.  They both ended up leaving.  I missed a couple of possible silver bites, but it was pretty slow.  I left at 7AM

It's now just after 8PM and I'm probably going to be iced out at Mille Lacs, but I'm not 100% positive of that. I didn't get the boat in the water today.  Not sure what the plan is for Opener at this point, but I'll come up with something.  I've decided I'm going to go and scope it out.  I'll be back with my plan.
My spots on the Westside are all iced up and I'm not going to give the Eastside a shot at least not tonight.  I'll be at the Grumpy Old Man Hole sometime before midnight.

No comments: