Monday, May 07, 2018

GOMH Morning, Afternoon, and Evening

5:30-8:00AM GOMH NE, SW, NE
Conditions: 50-64℉, Mostly Sunny, Calm to light SW wind
16" Piranha
Started out by getting a couple of jumpers and a toothy on the NE side on the Piranha.  Switched to the SW side.  Got a few more jumpers and toothy's on a variety of baits.  I had a really big fish hit on a white craw tube.  I got it into freespool then backed the drag off, but not far enough.  When I put the reel back in gear the fish kept right on going and snapped my line.  It looked like my knot might have pulled loose.  I did get one nice silver on a Storm Swim Shad.
11.75" Swim Shad
16.5" Swm Shad

 3:20-4:00PM GOMH NE
Conditions: 84℉, SW Wind, Mostly Sunny
I took a rake up to Kim then stopped at the GOMH on the way back.  There was a couple of old guys fishing on the SW and SE side.  I caught a couple of jumpers on the Swim Shad and Terminator Jig.  I missed some hits a well.
25" Terminator Jig/Chigger Craw
8:15-10:45PM GOMH NE, SW, NE
Conditions: 77-70℉ , Mostly Cloudy, Calm to light SW wind, water level is high but falling
16" Piranha
Bulldog was covered up so I went to the GOMH.  A guy and his kid were fishing the SW side with beetle spins.  Said they only had gotten a few small bass.  I went down on the NE side.  I got a couple of toothy and jumpers right away on the Piranha.  I got a couple of jumpers on the Terminator Jig and the golden.  I also got a couple of jumpers on a craw tube.  I missed several hits on all three baits (Piranha, Terminator, craw tube).  Who knows if any of those was a dogfish?
7" Glow Demon/stickleback
At about 9:30PM I went over to the SW side.  I missed a fish on my first cast with the Piranha.  It was a slow slog after that.  Some teenagers with a big truck showed up at about 9:35.  They got one bullhead on the N side.  They offered me a crappie they had gotten at another lake;  I declined the offer.  I got the one little silver and missed a couple of other bites.  They left at about 10PM. I tried the SE side and missed one hit.  I went back to the NE side and got the last silver of the night, this nice one.  I left at 10:45PM.
11" Glow Demon/stickleback
 

No comments: