Sunday, May 13, 2018

MN Opener Day 2


25" Jerk Shad
4:45-8:00AM GOMH NE SW
Conditions: 38-46℉, Partly Cloudy, Calm

I arrived a little later than I needed to and lost out on some fish because Sneaky C was there when I arrived.  Hearing him catching bullheads spun me out a little bit, while I was catching nothing.  He was on his way by 5:15 and I quickly moved to the NE side.  Fortunately, there was still some gold around and I capitalized.  It was a beautiful sunrise.  Something happened and most of the pictures I took got semi-erased.  I was able to recover them on mom's computer, but doing it was a convoluted process that ate up more than an hour of time.  The two pictures above are the only ones I recovered to blog.

It was a good morning with me getting 5 jumpers on the Jerk Shad, 5 jumpers on the Poison, 5 jumpers on a junebug craw tube, and 6 jumpers on a brown/grn pumpkin craw tube.  Surprisingly, nobody showed up to fish until right before I left.

21 Jumpers (2x17, 2x16.5,2x16)
1 Gold
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Devin's first bullhead 17.5" Grass Pig
  9:00-10:30PM GOMH SW
Conditions: 60's, Partly Cloudy, Calm

I was dog dead tired when I woke up at 5PM.  I didn't go with to mother's day dinner at Happy's.  Instead, I slowly woke up then started putting tackle together for Steve.  Mom and Dad got back as I was just finishing up.  When I arrived at the GOMH I was surprised that it was only Lantern Man's family, so I called Steve to come over.  I caught one jumper on a craw tube while I was waiting for him and Devin to show up.  I had Steve fish on the SW side and Dev and I went up on the bridge.  As I was lifting the Grass Pig out of the water a fish swirled on it.  I dropped it back down and the fish hit it.  I gave Devin the rod and she fought it for a little bit then walked it down the side.  Steve came up on the bridge and missed a hit.  They left just before 10PM.   I fished for a little bit then decided that I was going to check and see if the ice was gone at Eddy's'.  It was and that trip is its own blog.

No comments: