Wednesday, May 09, 2018

Morning & Evening at the GOMH

12.25" Glow Demon/minnow
5:30-8:30AM GOMH NE & SW
Conditions: 46-54℉, Cloudy with some sprinkles, Light Wind
2" Swim Shad
It was cloudy so there was no sunrise to witness this morning.  The day started out fast getting the big toothy on the Swim Shad and a couple of golden's on the Swim Shad as well.  I got a couple more toothy's and several jumpers. No silver or fins during the morning trip, but I missed a bunch of bites.  I left before the rain started.  It did rain as we drove Lilah to the vet for the last time.
17" Storm Swim Shad



17" Cubby/minnow
The birds put on quite a show
6:50-11:00PM GOMH NE, SW, NE
Conditions: 66-60℉, Partly Cloudy, Wind NW turning calm then SW late
18.75" Glow Demon/Minnow
When I arrived there was a boat fishing close to the SW side of the channel.  I went down on the NE side. Baitfish were getting busted occasionally. I started catching jumpers on the Swim Shad.  I had a 22" or so golden up to the rocks.  The wind stopped.  I got a small toothy. I switched over to the SW side and got a 18.75" jumper on a jig-n-pig just as Lantern Man got out of his truck.  LM got a silver pretty quickly, but not much was happening.  I got the 12.25" right up by the rocks after missing a few bites.  I eventually went back to the NE side and got LM one more silver.  I also got the one slob jumper, which was the last bite of the night. We both left at 11PM.
18.75" Terminator Jig/Uncle Josh Pork Frog

12.25" Glow Demon/minnow

No comments: