Friday, May 04, 2018

Nice Day, Bulldog, No Bullheads

9" THE Jig/maggot
8:00-9:00PM Bulldog
9:00-9:45 GOMH
9:55-10:15 Bulldog
Conditions: 72-67℉, Partly cloudy, Light SW wind
8" THE Jig/maggot
I was a little discouraged after yesterdays trips, so I didn't exactly rush to get out fishing today.  Mom and Dad got pizza at Redd's in Pierz then took it to lake place to eat with Steve's family.  I elected not to meet them there not realizing they wouldn't get home with the Kia until about 7:00PM.  I putzed around working on the Trophy.  The bow light works.  Thanks to a pair of curved pliers I was able to open the trolling motor bracket.  When Dad got home I found a cord that will hopefully do the job.  I finally got my stuff in the car but forgot the minnows and Clam Bucket.  I headed out just before 8PM.  First stop was Bulldog Lake.  No one was there which I took for a bad sign.  I didn't get anything on my first 10 casts or so, but there was baitfish activity around the culvert. I got a bite but missed it.  Then I caught this little guy.
5.5" THE Jig/maggot
I caught the 8'" next, about 5 minutes later.  Then I got the crappie.  I debated whether or not to call Steve to see if Devin wanted to come.  It was now 8:30, so there wasn't much daylight left and the fish weren't exactly jumping all over my cricket.  I decided not to call. About 3 minutes later I got a bigger crappie.    I went to go put it in the Clam bucket and that's when I discovered the minnows weren't in the car, Doh!  Guess no fish for Jan tonight, oh well.  I wasn't thinking because I could have had Mom and Dad bring me the minnows as they were going back to Steve's to watch Blue Bloods because our cable is on the fritz.  By the time that idea occurred to me it was 8:50, and no doubt they had already left.  When I left for the GOMH I had caught 4 sunny and 4 crappies and missed at least 15 more bites.

There was no one at the GOMH when I arrived. Surprising and a bad sign.  I went down on the SW side and didn't get even a hit.  I also tried the NE side.  I then went back to bulldog to see if I might be able to get some after dark specks, but that wasn't happening.   The Twins actually closed out a game for once.  The first road victory in exactly a month, uff dah.   

No comments: