Thursday, May 10, 2018

Morning & Evening at the GOMH

28.5" 2" Swim Shad
5:00-7:30AM GOMH NE SW
Conditions: 38-42℉, Mostly Sunny, NW Wind
High and falling




17.5" Glow Demon/minnow
16.25" Swim Shad
You never know what the GOMH is going to give me.  This morning it paid off with a big slab of gold.  Biggest golden bullhead I've ever caught at the Grumpy Old Man Hole.  I also got the one small golden bullhead, a toothy, and a few jumpers on the NE side.  On the SW side, I only got jumpers.  A guy stopped and fished for 20 minutes or so.  He didn't get anything.  Biggest jumper of the morning was 17.5, caught on the Cubby/minnow.  I can't believe that the silvers have left already.
11.25" Glow Demon
9:00PM-12:30AM GOMH SE SW
Conditions: 50-45℉, Partly Cloudy, Light N Wind
Water level high but falling
I got a late start due to having to record the Big Bang Theory then a flat tire on the Expedition.   Much to my surprise, no one was at the GOMH when I arrived. Lantern Man showed up when I was getting my stuff out.   I took the SE side and he took the SW side.  I caught a silver on my very first cast then missed one on my second.  I thought maybe it would be AWWWWWWWWN, but it wasn't.  A Bullhead fisherman and his two daughters showed up and fished the NE side.  I got the one bullhead and gave it to them.  They had a dogfish break them off.  Lantern Man started getting some fish, especially around 10:45PM.   I ended up giving him the two I had in the bucket to fill out his limit.  I went on the SW side after he left.  Got a silver on my very first cast.  Didn't get another bite for half an hour.  I ended up with 6 silvers and the bullhead bullhead.  I left a little after 12:30AM.  MUch to my surprise the Twins post game was still on.

No comments: