Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Fishing With Steve On Platte

2.53lbs/16.75" Bobby's Perfect (Sparrow)
7:00-9:35PM Cane Across from PA, Chuck's Point
Conditions: 72-67℉, Mostly cloudy some sprinkles, Light NE wind
Water Temp: 72℉ water level rising.
2.53lbs/16.75" Sprinker
I had been dragging all day, but I took an extra 1/2 shot of Xtra Strength 5-Hour Energy and I was good to go.  Should have left the house 15 minutes sooner, oh well.  Steve decided to risk possibly getting rained on and went out with me.  We started out quite slowly due to water in the boat and only managed to get up to 17MPH on the way to the area around the cane across from the Platte Public Access.  I missed my first few bites on a subsurface white Spro Sprinker knockoff.  Not sure why the lure didn't want to run up on top, it worked fine yesterday.  I switched to the black purple head Sprinker Frog because I didn't have the white orange head one in the boat.  Steve missed a couple of good bites.  I was just about to change out the Sprinker when I got a small pike and 15" bass on back to back casts.  Steve missed a really good hit on the Terminator Poppin' Frog.  I got the 16.75" bass.  Steve missed a fish that blew up the Poppin Frog the second it landed.  I suggested he give another frog a try.  I gave him the 7'4" Tatula with a Bobby's Perfect on it.  He immediately got blasted by a nice pike which he launched toward us on the hookset and it got off.  Shortly after that while I was taking a piss off the front of the boat Steve got a 15.5" bass and it stayed on.
The relief he didn't get skunked.
I caught 15" on the Hot Mud Camo Terminator Frog and lost one on it.  We got out a little deeper where the rice hadn't reached the surface yet, so I put on the perch 110 Whopper Plopper.  I got a bite on the very first cast, but it quickly came off. At the same time that was happening Steve got his big one of the night.  I worked us back toward the cane and we had some pike bites and that was it.  At about 9:05 I decided to finally make the move to Chuck's Point.  I had been contemplating moving since before 8, but the fish biting kept us where we were at.

 At Chuck's Point, Steve caught a small pike and I had a really good bass come out of the water after the Sprinker, but it missed.  I couldn't get the fish to pick up my follow up jig.  We got up by the shore as it was getting dark.  I missed a couple fish I'm pretty sure were pike and Steve got the last bass of the night.  And I missed a fish the hit my last cast with the Plopper 110, really.
Best 6 Bass of the night

Me 4 Bass
4 Pike
Steve 3 Bass
6 Pike

We missed the best bites of the night. 

No comments: