Thursday, September 14, 2017

Pre-Fishing Little Boy/Wabedo

Who is that masked man?
10:00-4:00PM Little Boy then Wabedo
Conditions: 80-67℉, Cloudy to Sunny, Calm to mild NW Wind, water level appears to be down.  I think the water temps were in the high 60's with an algae bloom happening on Little Boy.

I arrived just after Alan had bugged out of the access area, oops.  As we were heading out he asked me who I was paired up with for the tournament.  I informed him that he was my boater.  Apparently when I left my message for him the night before I didn't make that clear.  He thought I had found out he was going to be fishing the lakes this day and just wanted to tag along.

We started in Little Boy on a weedline spot.  Didn't get anything there, but there seemed to be activity in the near by super tall and thick reeds.  We then headed to the inlet on the North end.  I had a 36 or so inch muskie follow my Whopper Plopper.  Alan got a quality bass right away in the reeds.  I got a 2lber on a yellow Terminator Frog.  Alan got a couple more bass and I had a couple of blow ups that didn't get the frog.  We then moved to a large reed bed on the West side of the lake.  We picked up some small bass there.  I also lost a good bass that hung me in the reeds and also had what I am assuming was a big muskie do the same.

We then moved farther South and Alan got a couple of more good fish in the reeds.  I had a good sized pike strike the Terminator and got bit off by another one.  Alan eagle eyed where it was on the bottom of the lake, so I got it back.

We then moved on to Wabedo.  Didn't get anything there until we got to the far southern end of the lake.  I got a couple bass out of the pads on the Terminator.  We headed back up close to the channel to LB and I got some pike and my last bass of the day out of the reeds.  We stopped at one more spot on Wabedo, didn't get anything and left.

Here is my weight for the day on the five bass I caught.
Alan had maybe a 13 to 14lb bag I would guess.

I'll be doing a lot of reed fishing next week as I get prepared for this one.

Was the first time ever fishing out of a Phoenix Bass Boat.  Basically I can bring as many rods as I want in that thing with it's open layout on the passenger side.

No comments: