Saturday, September 02, 2017

Todd Got Some Sunfish

7:50-8:20PM East of Jenny's
Conditions: 70℉, Partly Cloudy, Calm (Had been very windy all day out of the West)
Water Temp: 72℉

The wood on the trolling motor bracket gave way thankfully while Todd was using the motor, not while I was taking the girls out tubing this afternoon.  If it would have happen then chances are it would be on the bottom of the lake.  Todd was able fairly quickly make a new one and we mounted the 36lb thrust Minn Kota Endura on it that I had sitting in the boat house.  Because it would soon be dark I headed East of Jenny's.  Todd missed a few hits on the Terminator Frog. I had the tail on the SSKO get chewed off on the best strike I got.  I also had a pike break off a craw tube.  There were people up on the porch watching all this happen and adding some encouragement.  We ended up not catching anything.

Todd did get 6 sunfish while fishing off the dock before I took the girls out tubing so it wasn't a skunk for the day.  He found a worm on shore and caught the sunfish lickity split.

No comments: