Wednesday, September 13, 2017

GOMH Morning/Trophy In The Evening

3.65lbs/18.25" Hack Jig/Craw Fatty (Ok/GP)
9:00-10:00AM GOMH SW
Conditions: 65-70℉, Mostly Sunny, South Wind
17" Craw Tube (Brown/GP)
I missed a hit on the Poison on the NE side.  I got two 14 inch jumpers on the Poison on the SW side.  I got a 15" jumper and a 20" toothy on a Netbait Paca Slim and the 17 incher letting the craw tube just sit.  5 fish was enough to send me home rather than to the Trophy.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4.18lbs/19.25" Terminator Frog
4:30-8:00PM West Point, Don's Bay, Platte River Inlet Bay
Conditions: 80-72℉, Mostly Sunny, SE Wind turning calm by 6:30PM
Water Temp: 72℉

So I started the evening trip at the GOMH and didn't get a bite.  On the way to West Point, I had a pike steal the tail on the SSKO.  I caught a 15.25" bass on the craw tube at "the dock" and then I pulled the 18" off of it on the Hack Attack Jig.  I retied the jig, but then got hung up on the dock to the
east.  I didn't retie and quickly lost the jig.  I tied on another Hack Jig (Sunfish) with a GP Craw Fatty.  I got a 20" pike off of the tree dock.  I got a 10" bass to the West of the tree.  I then ran a few docks getting some small bass (13,10) on the jig and Super Fluke (12.25"x2).

I then headed to the Inlet Bay.  I got a 16.25, 13.5, and 15.75 off of docks on the Hack Jig.  I then moved into the slop throwing the Terminator Frog.  I got lucky on the first hit as I was adjusting the trolling motor and didn't realize a bass had sucked it down.  It was a 16.25" fish.  I had a good bass come off as I was boat flipping it.  I then got a 16.5"  It was now 7:15 and I was getting ready to move to Double Cane Point when I had a good fish nail the Terminator while I was moving.  The fish got off.  I decided to settle in the area and got a 15.25" and 19.25".  To bad the 19.25 didn't have shoulders.  That was my last bite of the night.
18.01lbs Best 6 Bass for the Day
20 Bass
4 Pike

No comments: