Thursday, September 07, 2017

Morning on Platte/Evening in the River

6.50lbs Whopper Plopper

31" Whopper Plopper 130 (Rat Ta Tat)
7:00-11:30AM Double Cane Point, NW Bay
Conditions: 48-61℉, Cloudy, Light SSW Wind
Water Temp: 60℉
16" Spro Sprinker KO
16.75" Mad Maxx (Bluegrass)
I started at Double Cane Point.  Got a couple of bass there but it mostly wasn't happening and the wind was annoying, so I went to the NW Juice.  I got the 16.75" on Maxx and missed a couple.  I threw the Salmo Bass Bug over the flat and got some hammer handles.  As I made my way back to the Juice I got the big pike on the Rat Ta Tat Whopper Plopper 130.  I would have liked to continue fishing as conditions were nice out, but I didn't know when Pete was coming up, so I went in.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
15" Mad Max (Bluegrass)
3:30-6:30PM Platte River, NE Intersecton
Conditons: 73-41degrees, Partly to Mostly Cloudy, ESE Wind
Water Temp: 65 degrees
Mad Maxx 15.75x3, 14.5x3
Maxx 22, 18x3
SSKO 18x2

So I decided to check out the river.  There were some fish there and I dropped the biggest one at the mouth.

I luckily got Maxx back while fishing the SPRO when a pike bit it off.  I got one bass and 1 Pike at the intersection.  I had to get home to get my hair shaved for the wedding.  Pete was there when I got home.
20.32lbs Best 6 Bass with Pike
13.82lbs Best 6 Bass
10 Bass
13 Pike

No comments: