Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Frustrating Clown Showing In the Morning And Evening


7:30AM-12:20PM GOMH, West Point, North Point Channel Inn Bay, 3 Loon Docks
Conditions: 58-67℉, Cloudy to Sunny, Windy out of the West, Water level about the same after an inch plus last night.
Water Temp: 63℉
On way way to the GOMH I had to go on the shoulder of the road just beyond Richardson Corner because a big tree got knocked over in last nights storm. They were pretty quick about getting it cleared as my picture shows.  I was only at the GOMH for about a half hour.
10.5" Craw Tube (Brown/GP)
I got the one dink on the SW side and got a toothy on the SW side on a white Pure Poison.  Then it was off to the Trophy.  It took maybe 15 minutes to get most of the water out of the boat.  I then fished my way to West Point.  I got a couple small pike and one bass on the Mag. Fluke
14.25" Mag Fluke (Disco Violet)
I also missed some hits on the craw tube.  I switched the blue/black after missing a fish that jacked the brown/gp one. I missed a hit on the blue one as well.  I then headed across the lake to the docks on Chanel Inn Bay's North Point.  I got a couple small pike on the Fluke and a 12.75" bass off the docks on the Hack Jig/Craw Fatty.
15.75" Hack Jig/CF (Sunfish/GP)
I then fished the reeds getting my biggest bass of the morning.  I then turned things into a clown show as I tried to fish Channel Inn Bay in that wind.   The combo of wind, weeds, and weak trolling motor made sure I couldn't fish effectively.  I got totally frustrated.  It didn't help that I went for about an hour and a half without getting a single bite.  Finally I pulled the plug on CIB and headed to the docks on 3 Loon Flat.  I missed my first couple of hits there. I got a couple of pike and a 15 inch bass on the Fluke.  I gave up around 12:15 or so.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Evening Trip
16.3" Terminator Frog (Yellow)
4:45-7:45PM West Point, Big West Bay, Across from PA, Double Cane Point
Conditions: 71-60℉, Mostly Sunny, Lighter SW Wind diminishing
Water Temp: 64℉

I didn't get a hit on West Point, so I was off to the Big West Bay and went right into the slop/reeds/dollar pads.  Once again I was frustrated by the weak trolling motor and weeds.  It was fairly protected so the wind wasn't much of a factor.  There was fish in slop, but I missed the only hit I got.  I think it was a pike.  I then fished the docks and weed flat, nothing.  I then headed across from the public access into what now is a pretty sparse rice field.  I picked up the Horny Toad and got hit by a small pike immediately;  I then had a big fish wake on it and crush it, but the dude buried me in the rice and got off. Don't know if it was a bass or doggy.  I had one decent bass knock the Horny Toad in the air as it jumped out of the water after it.

It was now after 7PM and I had yet to land anything.  I made a move to Double Cane Point.  At about 7:20 I finally caught a bass (15.6) right next to the point on the blue/black craw tube.  I got the last fish of the night and my biggest one of the day about 10 minutes later on the Terminator frog.  I think my best 6 for the day went a little over 14lbs.  I either forgot to take a picture of the scale or erased it.

8 Bass
7 Pike

No comments: