Thursday, September 28, 2017

Long Slow Day On The Water

17.5" Bobby's Perfect Frog
7:30-8:00AM GOMH
8:30AM-6:00PM NW Bay, Big Bass Point, Double Cane to Inlet Bay, Across from P.A.
Conditions: 48-66℉, Sunny to Cloudy, Light WSW to WNW Wind, water level rising
Water Temp: 63℉
15.5" Craw Tube (Brown/GP)
When I arrived at the GOMH the panfish guy was there fishing the SW side.  I told him what I had been catching here lately.  I then went down on the NE side.  Missed my first 4 bites, then had my white Pure Poison get bit off.  I did manage to catch the one jumper on the craw tube.
   Conditions seemed favorable, but the bass didn't agree as I struggled to catch 'em.  I caught pike though. I had a true monster gator miss the Rat Ta Tat Plopper twice on Double Cane Point, thinking it was 36-38".  I was a knuckle head and didn't think to throw the Mag Fluke after it.
16" Bobby's Perfect
I didn't feel like taking a break, so I didn't.  I should have put some sunscreen on as I got a little burnt.  I also got a bit mentally and physically fatigued.  I missed several bites that I really should have landed after 4PM.
16.25" Outkast Swim Jig/Swim Fluke Jr. 
I kept hoping I was going to run into a concentration of bass.  That didn't happen until I made my last move of the day and then I only caught 1 of the 6 or so that bit.

I actually probably had a little more weight than this, but I forgot to put the 17.5" on the scale before I put it back.  The 2.53 was the weight I put on the scale for it.  If I could have the day over I would throw a lot more sim jig and a spinnerbait, which I didn't throw at all.

22 Pike
7 Bass

No comments: