Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Caught Some, Lost Some

3.06lb/18.25" Pure Poison/Swim Fluke Jr. (White/DV)
3:30-4:00 GOMH
4:30-7:45PM Chuck's Point, Green Cabin Bay, Big West Bay Slop, Across from P.A.
8:30-8:50PM GOMH
Conditions: 65-60℉, Partly Cloudy, WSW Wind, Water level high and rising
Water Temp: 65-63℉
25.5" Pure Poison/Swim Fluke Jr.
So once again I started at the GOMH. I caught a dink jumper on the SW side and two toothy's on the NE side. I also missed a hit on the blue/black craw tube.
15.75" Spro Shad Sprinker K.O.
I was out in the Trophy by 4:30PM and I stopped at West Point first.  I missed a hit on the craw tube and then I was off to Chuck's Point.  The fish did't seem to be in the reeds today.  There was some activity in the pads in GCB and I got my first bass (14) of the trip in the rice towards shore on the yellow Terminator Frog.  I then pulled the one in the picture out of the pads on the SSSKO and lost one that was similar in size.  I also got a 15" on the Terminator Frog in the pads.  Missed a couple of other hits.  I decided to head to the slop in Big West Bay where I saw activity a few days ago.  There wasn't as much activity going on tonight, but there was some.  I had several hits by the tree on what must have been a small pike.
17.25" Terminator Frog
  I got my only fish there out towards the end of the reeds.  Was lucky to catch it because it hit swimming towards me at a 100mph.  I was shocked it wasn't a pike.  I headed across the bay to where I was catching them the other night and I got a 16 incher right next to the cattails.
I had a good size fish just suck the Terminator in.  I rolled the fish on the hookset and it came off.  Bummer deal.  That was the last bite I got out in the Trophy.  I decided to hit the GOMH up on the way home hoping to maybe get a golden bullhead.  Instead, I got that 18 inch jumper, which turned my night from disappointing to at least respectable.
14.28lbs for my Best 6 Bass 
7 Bass
4 Pike

No comments: