Monday, September 25, 2017

Great Day In the Trophy & at the GOMH

4.69lb/19.5" Terminator Frog
3;00-3:30PM GOMH
4:00-7:45PM Across from Public Access, Double Cane Point
Conditions: 57-55℉, Cloudy some light rain, North Wind, Water level rising
Water Temp: 65-66℉
15.5" Pure Poison
I started at the Grumpy Old Man Hole tonight.  I got one jumper on each side (15.5NE, 14.75SW) on the Poison.  I then headed to get the Trophy.   The wind came up some while I was putting stuff in the boat, which I wasn't happy about.  I headed across from the Pubic Access in Big West Bay.  I put myself in a bad spot for dealing with the wind.  I moved a little ways to the East and wasn't getting anything, so I motored closer to the point and the reeds.  I quickly got a couple of pike and a 15" bass on the Horny Toad.  Good I found fish.  I had been out half an hour at that point and was a little concerned.  I moved a little to the east and started throwing the Terminator Frog when a hog jacked it.
4.14lb/18.25" Terminator Frog (Yellow)
About 5 minutes later I got another quality fish.
3.24lb/17.5" Terminator Frog
Why couldn't I get a couple of bites this size on Saturday at Little Boy Lake.  I then worked my way back to the West and got this fish:
3.28lbs/17.25" Terminator Frog
Along with 16.5, 16.25, and a 16.  I also missed a few blow ups.  Some I think were pike.  Then the area went dead.  It was now after 6PM, so I headed to the North Bay and Double Cane Point.  I went farther North in the Bay than I have been fishing.  I had what I pretty sure was a big bass hit the Terminator, but not hook up.  Out on the now almost nonexistent pad/rice point I had another hit that I didn't hook.  I got around the point and I was getting a bit concerned that I had mad a bad move when the big one of the night was all over the Terminator.
Same fish as the top of the blog
  It was now getting pretty dark out and I was making my way out of the reeds throwing the Spro Shad Sprinker knock off when I heard a fish miss the lure.  I cast back and boom another good one on.
3.57lb/17.9" SSSKO (bluegill)
21.64lbs for my best 6 bass
 This is my best limit since buying the scale.

11 Bass
4 Pike

No comments: