Monday, September 18, 2017

OK Morning at the GOMH and in the Trophy

3.61lbs/17.5" Hack Jig/Craw Fatty
7:30AM-12:30PM GOMH, West Point, Across the Bay Dock, Across the Way Docks and Reeds, F Flat Docks
Conditions: 50-57℉, Mostly Cloudy, ESE Wind, water level falling
Water Temp: 63℉
2.75lb/17.75" Mag Fluke (Disco Violet)
I started at the GOMH and got that anorexic jumper on the SW side on the Magnum Super Fluke.  I think I also got a 16.25" on the craw tube (brown/gp) and a 19.5" toothy on the Pure Poison/Swim Fluke Jr.  The it was time to get in the Trophy.

I think I caught a fish or two at West Point, but don't remember.  I am doing this blog without my notes from the trip, which I misplaced and cannot find.  I then went across the Bay to "the dock".  Unfortunately, it has been mostly taken in at this point.   I caught a 12" bass  on the Whopper Plopper and lost what felt like a very good fish get off that hit the Mag Fluke.  I then went to the point across the way and got a small pike off of a pontoon lift on the Hack Attack Jig/Craw Fatty.
25" Hack/CF

2.64lb/16.75 Mag Fluke

15.5" Mag Fluke

3.15lb/17.25" Mag Fluke
I caught all those fish and a few more in the reeds and off the docks across the way.  I decided to fish on Fall Flat rather than go to Inlet Bay like I planned.  I didn't get any hits in the wind on topwater, but I did get this dink on the Mag Fluke.
9" bass on a 7" Mag Fluke
 I also got the heaviest fish of the trip there on the Hack Attack Jig.  I missed a couple of fish as I was fighting the wind.
16.71lbs for my Best 6
14 Bass
9 Pike

No comments: