Tuesday, September 26, 2017

And Then I Found Them On Chuck's Point

3.50lb/18.25" Terminator Frog
3:20-3:45PM GOMH
4:30-7:30PM West Point, Green Cabin Bay, Chuck's Point
Conditions: 59-56℉, Mostly Cloudy some light drizzle as I went in, Windy WSW WNW
Water Temp: 65-63℉
16.25" Pure Poison/Swim Fluke Jr. (White)
I caught a dink jumper (11.75) on the SW side and the jumper in the picture on the NE side, both on the Pure Poison/Swim Fluke Jr.  That was it for bites at the GOMH. I briefly stopped at West Point.  The Juice Dock is out of the water. I got a couple pike on the Poison.  I then headed to Green Cabin Bay. I started along the South shoreline.  I missed one hit, probably a pike on the Spro Shad Sprinker.
25.9"  Mann's Buzzbait/Horny Toad
I got the one good pike over towards the inlet in the pads and reeds.  I got a couple more pike in the area.  I had the yellow Terminator Frog get bit off and I was unable to find it.  Good thing I had another one with me.  I missed some thing big as I was fishing in the pad fields.  I got over by Chuck's Point and finally had a bite from a small bass around 6:15PM.
The stretch of water they were in.
I then got a the 18.25" on the Terminator.  Then I had another good hit.

16.25" Terminator Frog
I thought it was going to be a bigger fish from the way it hit. I then had a 18-20 class fish jump all over the Terminator Frog, but get off in the reeds.  I was quite bummed.  I missed a hit in the shallow rice and had a big fish swirl on the Terminator, but not hit it.  Didn't want the craw tube either.
16.75" Zoom Horny Toad (Black/White)
I then caught 5 bass (16.75,16,15.33,12,10.25) on the Horny Toad.  At 6:50 I moved to the NW Bay juice.  I missed one fairly weak hit there and then it started drizzling and got dark.  I headed in at 7:30.
6 Best Bass Tonight
10 Bass
7 Pike    

No comments: