Thursday, September 21, 2017

Fishing Was Only So So Tonight

17" Hack Jig/Craw Fatty
4:00-8:00PM Reeds and Docks Across the way, Inlet Bay
Conditions: 77-72℉, Partly to Cloudy, Windy SE diminishing around 7PM
Water Temp: 66℉
13.5" Hack Jig 1oz/CF (Ok Craw/GP)
The plan tonight was to work on my reed fishing game as that looks like a likely scenario for the Little Boy/Wabedo Tournament in a couple of days.  I started out throwing a 1.5oz Strike King Slither Rig with a Rage Space Monkey trailer for my first two drifts through the reeds.  I set the hook a few times, but on got 2 pike.  I changed to 1oz Hack Jig on the LTB rod and went to the inside reed line that was protected from the wind.  I got the one small bass doing that and missed another bite or two.  I got 4 bass (17,13.75, 11x2) and a pike on the sunfish Hack Jig fishing docks.   I also got one dock bass (12.75) on the Magnum Super Fluke.  It got dark and looked like it was going to rain, but didn't.  I had pretty good size pike rip up the bottom of the green frog Spro Sprinker pretty good.  I then had a pike steal the yellow Terminator Frog, so I tied on a brown frog Terminator Popping Frog.  A bass knocked it out of the water over by the cane, but didn't get it.  I pitched 1oz Hack and it nailed it, but I didn't hook it.  It calmed down.  When I got to the North end of the reeds, I decided to run around the point to Inlet Bay.
24" Terminator Popping Frog (Brown Frog)
I caught the one pike there and had a couple other slash at it.  Kind of a disappointing trip seeing as how conditions got to be ideal for the last hour I fished.
9.17lbs Best 6 Bass
7 Bass
8 Pike

No comments: