Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Good Morning at the GOMH/Lost the Plot in the Evening in the Trophy



17.5" Chigger Craw breen
6:30-7:40AM GOMH SW
Conditions: 60-50 degrees, Mostly sunny, Calm

Didn't get a hit on the NE side.  I got this 12" on the LiveTarget Frog on the SW side.
12" LiveTarget Frog
I then got 3 jumpers on the Chigger Craw (17.5", 15.25, 12).  I decided not to fish out of the Trophy desite the fact it was dead calm.  Fish just didn't seem active this morning.
"Sunburn" Pad Chasers
The Booyah Pad Crashers I got on Ebay finally came in the mail today.  I tied one on the Tatula Rod.

6:00-8:30PM Trophy at the Lake PLace
Conditions: 60's, Mostly sunny, Light NW Wind.

I started by throwing the Pad Crasher off the dock for no bites.  I then got in the Trophy and got 3 bass (11, 9, 16.33) throwing the Yum Dinger around Sherman's dock.
11" Yum Dinger

16.33" Yum Dinger
Got some bites between Sherman's and Beaver Point Dock on the Dinger that didn't hook up and I also missed the first strike on the Pad Crasher.  I landed the second hit on the Pad Crasher in the rice on our side of the Beaver Point Dock.
14.5" Pad Crasher Sunburn
Four fish in the first hour of fishing, not bad.  I missed a hit on the Pad Crasher on the other side of Beaver Point out towards the lake.  I then followed through on my plan to fish out in the reeds.  There was some fish activity, but they just wouldn't hit the Crasher.  I did miss a couple of fish that halfheartedly went after it.  I should have stayed shallow.  I'm going to put a rattle in the Pad Crasher.

No comments: