Friday, August 12, 2016

Dang Tackle Wrecker Wrecked My Net

22" Craw Tube brn/gp
Darn fish bit right through it.

6:00-9:30AM GOMH Lake Place Trophy
Conditions: 67-72 degrees, Mostly Cloudy, Light E wind, Water high and rising.
Up a few inches from last night
I didn't get a thing at the GOMH.  The weekend guy was there getting a few oranges. Skeeters were annoying.  I then headed to the lake place.  Wasn't getting anything until I had a pike miss Maxx then got a bass on the next cast just like the other night.  Was in the same general area as well on the bass hit.
It was an 18" Or maybe not
15" Mad Max
I then had another couple of pike come out of the water after Maxx. I caught a 15" bass on a Lake Fork Craw Tube out of some pads.  I then caught the bowfin punching some matted rice on the Craw Tbe.
The fish went through the net right back into the lake.  I had to land it with my line through the net.  It worked out thanks to my fish grippers. I had one more pike come out of the water after Maxx.  There was a lot of activity in the rice this morning.  I also missed one good hit on the frog that I had on for a few seconds.

No comments: