Saturday, August 27, 2016

4 Hours Only 3 Bass, But They Were Pretty Good One's

17.75" Mad Maxx Sweet Revenge
Choked It!
6:45-10:45AM Trophy at the Lake Place
Conditions: 64-60 degrees, SE Wind, Cloudy to Mostly Cloudy, Some light rain and drizzle

Because it's Saturday I decided not to hit the GOMH.  I got out about half an hour later than I wanted to.  I started out drifting to the West.  I caught the first fish casting Maxx towards Jim's direction.
15.33" Mad Maxx
I didn't get another hit until I was past Beaver Point fishing the rice.
16.5" Mad Maxx

Same Fish
I saw a fish movement out by where I got the big one last night.  It didn't go for Maxx, so I casted in the Slither Rig.  The fish nailed it.  I crossed it's eye's and it cut my 65lb braid.  I had just taken off the wire leader because I wasn't getting any bites, figures.  I tied on the Hack Attack Jig with a Chigger Craw.  I cast out into the reeds and pads and had a good fish porpoise, but not get the frog.  It didn't go for the jig unfortunately.  I got the 17 incher about 5 minutes casting in the other direction.  It was a fish that didn't get it the first time, but hit it again.  It started to rain harder and I didn't get a bite the last two and a half hours. The rain stopped and the sun made an appearance.  Fish were still making there presence known both near and far.  They just didn't want Maxx or the jig.  I will bring Senko's with from now on.

No comments: