Thursday, September 01, 2016

September Off to a Slow Start



14.5" Yum Dinger
6:20-9:40AM GOMH NE, Trophy at the Lake Place
Conditions: 65-55 degrees, MOstly sunny, Calm then light E wind

I caught the jumper on a Yum Dinger just as the sun came over the horizon.  That was the only bite I got at the GOMH.  The weekend guy showed up just after I released the fish.  I didn't see him catch anything.
24.5 Yum Dinger
I got the pike while the Trophy was still parked.  The plan was to run the Trophy out then drift back with the wind.  When I was out by the maidencaine I made a really long cast with the Pad Crasher. A big bass busted on it, but missed.  I thought it had it so I set the hook.  It didn't come back.  I had no luck after that.  When I was over by Jenny's the negative lead for the trolling broke.  I had to shave off some of the outer insulation to expose the wire to get it working again.  I fished maybe 20 more minutes and then headed in.

This is what I saw when I got home.


No comments: