Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Fishing In Between The Days Storms

Morning storm, didn't fish.
9:30-10:30AM GOMH NE
Conditions: 73-67 degrees, Cloudy to mostly sunny, Windy out of the East

I went to fish at 6AM at the GOMH, but the lightening got there first.  I went to the Lake Place to put a battery on the charger and got the pic as the storm approached.  It was pouring by the time I got to 8.  I pulled off the road briefly at Bear Trax.

I went back to the GOMH as the rain was ending.  I went through baits not getting anything until the craw tube.  I had a nice jumper jump me off.  I then got two 14.5" jumpers.
14.5" Green Pumpkin Craw Tube
The sun came out and it was warming up fast.  I went and pumped water out of the boat. We got about an inch.

At 4:30PM a storm built on top of us and it poured for more than two hours.  At one point our main sump pump wasn't able to keep up.  We got about 5".  I had to use a sump pump in the Trophy and it took 45 minutes or so to get the water out.  Will the dock be under water tomorrow?

No comments: