Monday, August 29, 2016

Three 15"ers at GOMH This Morning

15.25" Yum Dinger
9:00-11:30AM GOMH NE SW, Jenny's, Dock at Lake Place
Conditions: 74-70 degrees, Wind out of the SW calming down by the time I stopped, Cloudy to mostly sunny, some sprinkles.
15.5" Yum Dinger
Due to thunderstorms and a short power outage I didn't get out when I wanted.  Tried a few baits with nothing, then I went to the Yum Dinger and caught 4 jumpers (15.25, 14, 15.5, 10).  Basically fish I would never have caught otherwise.  I cast to the far side of the tube then let it drift back.  Got the bites when it got to the near wall just letting it sit.  There was a parade of various side grass clumps going under the bridge.  I went to the SW side and had a fish miss the small Plopper.  I went back on the NE side and got a 15.5" on Mad Maxx.

I then went to Jenny's and had Mad Maxx get bit off by a pike.  I went to the lake place and had a small pike go airborne after the LiveTarget Frog.  The sun came out and I decided to leave rather than go out in the trophy and fish in the calm conditions.

No comments: