Monday, August 22, 2016

Good Morning And Pulling the Dock Up

20" ZHT
6:30-8:00AM GOMH NE, Culvert, Inlet
Conditions: 64-54 degrees, Mostly Sunny, Wind out of the S

I arrived at the GOMH about 5 minutes after sunrise.  A fish lightly tapped the Whopper Plopper.  I had an OK sized hard fighter throw the Chigger Craw back at me as I got it to the rocks.  I then caught two small jumpers.  I got the Chigger Craw stuck on a rock.  I went up on the bridge and got it unstuck then stuck a 14.5" jumper while vertical jigging off of the bridge.  I didn't think to take a picture of a jumper.

I went to the Culvert and had the pike wake to Horny Toad and take it when I paused it.  I also got a pike at the access at the Inlet.

In the afternoon we pulled the dock in about 10 feet and got it out of the water.
While we were doing that a couple of times something got tagged off to the West.  I couldn't get a bite.  Was unable to fish at Jenny's due to the deer fly's.  I went to the GOMH and punched the rice mats that floated in.  Didn't get a bite.


No comments: