Tuesday, August 09, 2016

Whew, Didn't Get Skunked

14.5" Mad Max Sweet Revenge
7:30-9:00PM Trophy at the Lake Place
Conditions: 82-77 degrees, Calm, Mostly Sunny

Couldn't get gas at JD's because they were out of premium.  There was a big black cow on the loose on 8 about a mile North of 27.  I'm glad the thing didn't charge the red KIA. Would have done some serious damage.

At the lake it was dead calm and fish were active.  They just weren't hitting my lures.  I fished for more than an hour without a strike.  Then I had a pike come out of the water after Maxx, then got a 14" on the next cast.

14" Sweet Revenge

Got the fish in the middle of this picture just in the open water
About 10 minutes later I got the 14.5" sitting in the same spot.  I had one more solid blow up that didn't hook up before the skeeters drove me off the lake.

Might pull the Trophy out of the lake tomorrow, but then again maybe not.  It doesn't look like we are gonna get the rain they were predicting.

No comments: