Thursday, August 11, 2016

An OK Night out of the Trophy

17.5" Mad Maxx Sweet Revenge
7:50-8:50PM Trophy to the East of the Lake Place
Conditions: Mid to high 70's, Mostly Cloudy, N Light to calm, Water is up and rising.
I missed the first hit of the evening on a Spro Frog in the rice along the entry to Sherman's.  Wasn't a very big fish. Didn't get anything else until the beaver point when a bigger fish hung me up and got off on Mad Maxx.  I got the 17.5 in Steve's opening just off of the pads.  Wasn't hooked by much and I had to go in to get it because it got hung up on the rice.
 A couple of casts later I had a pretty good sized and very dark pike take a shot at Maxx and miss.  I missed a fish in an open spot by shore, very pike like hit.  I spotted a place that looked like it might hold a fish and mad a good cast with Maxx.  A 15" bass was sitting there and took it.  That was the last bite of the evening.

No comments: