Thursday, August 18, 2016

On the Slow Side This Morning, But I Got a Dog on a Frog

18.5" Mad Maxx

Just as I arrived at the GOMH 
6:25-9:25AM GOMH & Trophy at the Lake PLace
Conditions: 74-60 degrees, Humid, Calm, Mostly sunny

I arrived at the GOMH just as a boat was going under the bridge and the sun was rising.  Didn't get a hit on the NE side and had a toothy miss Sweet Revenge on the SW side.
15.66" Maxx
Next I headed to the lake place and took out the Trophy.  The bass hit Maxx in open water right out front.  I tried to duplicate the pattern heading West.  That was a waste of time.  Next I headed to the Beaver Point.  I got the dogfish in some rice and pads.

I made a cast into some tall semi thick rice.  A fish that sounded like a monster by the way it hit missed the frog.  It didn't hit again.  Fish were definitely in the area, but didn't want Maxx, a craw tube, or Horny Toad.  It was getting too warm so I headed back and put the battery on the charger.  And that was my morning.

Evening Misses
7:15-8:30PM Trophy Lake PLace
Conditions: 74 degrees, Cloudy, W wind, Humid

I decided to head out East of Jenny's and got a good fish right away.
16.5" Mad Maxx Sweet Revenge
Nothing after that so I started heading towards Jenny's.  I got distracted by a fish hitting something and a fis sucked my frog in.  I didn't get a good hookset.  I made a cast along Jenny's West neighbors boat line and missed another one.  I think I missed another one on the West side of the boat lane, then caught an 18" pike. I got to where I got them last night and got a 17 incher.
17" Sweet Revenge
 I missed two solid hits in the same spot.  I headed in about 15 minutes early to only find out Teddy wasn't going to play.  The Vikes looked good and beat Seattle anyway.

No comments: