Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Eventually Got Into 'Em Tonight

19" Mad Maxx Sweet Revenge

7:30-8:45PM
Conditions: Mid 70's, Mostly Sunny, Calm

After taking a few casts out front, I ran across the reed point over to the entrance to Jenny's neighbors.  Did get anything as I worked my way down.  Got a pike in front of Jenny's.  At about 8:25 I started heading back.
Big one came from the left of center.
I was just on the other side of the boat lane when the toad hit.  It's mouth and shoulders had me thinking 20 incher, but it only went 19".  The fish made my night.

I made a cast to the far side of the open area on my left and got a 14".  I then fished around not getting anything for about 5 minutes. It was getting dark and skeeters were coming out.  I made a cast into the open area to my left and about half way across it a 17" smacked me.
17" Maxx
The mosquito's were getting bad and I was just about to head in when I caught a fat 17.75" that also smacked it hard.
17.75" Maxx
 I had the other camera with me on the selfie stick, but the Canon is so much easier to use for taking pictures and retrieving them.

No comments: