Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Morning & Evening Trips


15" Piranha 
6:15-7:45AM GOMH NE, Culvert, Inlet
Conditions: 68-64 degrees, Partly cloudy, Light NW wind

I decided not to fish out of the Trophy this morning.  I got 2 jumpers on the NE side of the Grumpy Old Man Hole.
17" Craw Tube Pump/Red Flk
Didn't get a hit at the culvert.  At the Inlet I missed two hits on the Horny Toad.  I wasn't ready for the first one to the right of the access about 8 feet out.  I was ready for the second one out of the reeds but still pooched the hook set.

7:45-8:40PM Lake Place, Jenny's, GOMH NE
Conditions: 70 degrees, Calm, Partly Cloudy

I went to get the charger so I could charge Pete's batteries.  I decided to throw a few casts.  I cast across the dock towards Sherman's when a fish smoked Mad Maxx.  I had to jump into the Trophy to land it.
15.75" Mad Maxx Sweet Revenge
I then went to Jenny's and got this toad on Maxx.

18" Sweet Revenge
I also had another fish hit me twice but not get it at Jenny's.  I then went to the GOMH.  Put the first cast with the Whopper Plopper 90 against the wall on the NW side and a jumper was on it the second it hit the water.
14.5" Whopper Plopper 90 bluegill
That was my first hit on the small Plopper.  Unfortunately the camera was not wanting to give me color.  That was the only hit I got.  The skeeters got really bad when it started getting dark.

No comments: