Sunday, June 30, 2019

Only One Bass On A Night Like This? Uff Da!

17.5" Spro Frog (The Killer)
7:30-9:30PM Reeds Across
70-78℉, Clouds, Sun, Clouds, Sun, Calm

Water level might be rising a little after the two inch plus rains in three days.  We headed out to the reeds under seemingly ideal conditions. Warm, muggy, calm, clouds.  On my second cast, I got the 17-incher on "The Killer" and Todd set the hook on a small pike on the Bone Sprinker.  After that it was tough.  Todd got buried in the reeds maybe 4 times.  I got buried twice.  We both had strikes that didn't get the frog or just got the legs.  That accounted for maybe another 7 hits.  I had two pike miss "The Killer" and got a couple on the Tokyo Rig with a craw tube.  It was pathetic.  One bass on such a night as that. Sad!

We will be getting my other 25hp Johnson out of the pole barn.  Will it run?  We are gonna find out.

No comments: