Monday, June 10, 2019

GOMH Morning Skunk/Evening At Eddy's with Pete

6:20-7:00AM GOMH SW NE
47-43℉, Sunny, 0-3mph W, standing rock 80% uncovered

Got up late. Pete didn't get up at all.  I decided to catch the morning bite at the GOMH.  There weren't any fish there, so I got a skunk.  It was cool this morning, but the sun was heating things up fast.  Hopefully, Pete will get my motor working today.

Pete figured out what is wrong.  A mystery part the secures something in place broke.  We were going to pull the boat out after we went back for lunch. He tried getting someone to look it up.  The guy was going to get back to him after lunch. Pete decided to hand me the reins for grilling and got ready for mowing the lawn. We ate lunch and Pete mowed the lawn.  I was WTF happened to pulling the boat out?  Pete mowed until just after 5PM.  The guy never got back to Pete.  It was decided at dinner that I would leave the boat in the water so I can fish and Pete would track down the part and be back in a couple of weeks.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pete standing on his rock North Jetty

17' Skinny Lizard Rippin Rap (Perch)

17.5" Rippin Rap (Perch)
9:00-10:00PM Eddy's Jetty South Me, Pete North Jetty
63℉, Partly Cloudy, 2-3mph NNW

Same sucker fishermen were at the North Jetty with some other people at the North Corner.  I parked between South and Center.  Pete beelined for his spot.  I went to the South Jetty.  I started out trying for smallies on topwater.  No dice. I then went Rippin Rap, Rage Swimmer Jerk Shad. No dice.  I had a 24-26" pike up to the rocks on the Rage Swimmer.  I started throwing the Rippin Rap and getting little eyes on that.  I caught 4 of them total, then it was 10PM just like that.  Pete got two eyes and lost at least one.  I had several bites not hook up.

Me:
4 Eyes
1 Pike

Pete:
2 Eyes

No comments: