Sunday, June 23, 2019

Morning Frog Fishing Reeds Across the Way

2.55lbs/16.5" Terminator Frog Jr. (Blk/Chrt)

6:45-7:00AM GOMH (Nothing)
7:20-12:00PM Reeds Across the Way
66℉, Cloudy rain towards the end, 0-3mph NE

I was tired and sore but somehow got out of bed and to the lake.  The GOMH was a waste of time. With the lack of wind, I headed to the reeds across.  I only caught one pike in the first half hour fishing my usual entry close to the inside edge.  Then a fish tipped me off to go to the center of the bed.  Pay dirt.  Even caught fish on consecutive casts one time.  They wanted a black/chart Terminator Jr. Frog.  I had 2 or 3 bigger fish school me.  The North bed had smaller fish and not nearly the bites.  I had to sit down and rest for 15 minutes in the North bed.  I got one 14-incher on the Sprinker after that.  On my way back all I got was pike.  I actually caught more than I missed landing about 70% of the bites

12 Bass
7 Pike

No comments: