Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Reeds Across Tonight

2.93lbs/17" Spro Bronzeye (The Killer (B/W)

5:30-9:30PM Dock, West Point Wood, Reeds Across the Way
10:30-10:45PM GOMH (Not a bite)
72-68℉, Partly Cloudy, 0-5mph E

I had a 12/13" bass under our dock get off as I was lifting it into the Trophy.  That sent me towards West Point to try docks.  I pretty much sucked at casting and boat control. I lost another 12/13" off of the tree on West Point dock.  I then beelined for the reeds.

I missed my first 3 hits on the Sprinker so I put that down for "The Killer" a black and white Spro Bronzeye Frog.  I immediately landed a 17-incher on that.  I had another good bite that I missed. I then got 16.5".  It was uphill from there.  Not nearly the action as last night in the reeds and the fish tended small.  I did get a 16.26" on the Terminator Jig following up a miss on the Sprinker Frog.  I caught 6 bass on the Sprinker tonight and 14-inches was the biggest.  Last year that thing was a giant magnet, what happened?  As I came to the North Reed Bed I had a fish dogfish The Killer.  It grabbed the legs and when I set the hook I rolled something big.  I had a couple other fish dogfish me in the North bed.  I caught 16" and a 15" on the Sparrow Snagproof.  I lost a 16ish and 14ish fish at the Maddencaine.  I jacked the 14 fish out of the water and it came off when it landed.  I let myself get distracted on a cast to the reed edge and got lit up by something.  For whatever reason, it was mostly bass tonight.  I got 13-incher on a junebug craw tube.

18 Bass
3 Pike

No comments: