Sunday, June 16, 2019

GOMH & Mille Lacs Morning/Frogging Platte & Mille Lacs Evening

4.62lbs/24.5" Rage Swimmer

17.5" Jerk Shad

4:50-6:20AM GOMH NE
7:15-9:00AM Eddy's Jetty North
50-58℉, Cloudy to MC, 5-8mph SSE, Water level normal and falling at the GOMH

Some early morning rain had me holding off a little bit, but there was no rain when I arrived at the GOMH at 4:50AM.   I got the golden at about 5:10AM.  Panfish Guy arrived around 5:20 or so.  Missed a couple of bites I assumed were toothy's.  I went to the Southside by 6AM.  Panfish guy bailed for the NE side.  Didn't get any bites on the Southside.  Turns out panfish guy was getting some jumpers that I missed, oh well.  I gave Panfish guy the golden bullhead.

I didn't get to Eddy's until after 7AM. I was the only one there.  I got the big girl and a 21-incher right away on the Rage Swimmer off the North Corner.  I lost a good one after 8AM at the Harbor Mouth on the Rage Swimmer just as Eddy's Launch was undocking to head out.  I got a pike on the Rippin' Rap.  As I was lifting it onto the rocks my line broke. When the fish landed the Rippin' Rap came flying out of its mouth and landed in a crevice in the rocks.  Fortunately, I was able to get it.  That was my last bite of the morning.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5.46lbs/25" Terminator Frog Jr. (Black/Chart)

13" Terminator Frog (Yellow)

Thunder and rain, time to head to Eddy's.

4.80lbs/25" Rage Swimmer (GP/Pearl)

4.87lbs/25" Shad Shallow (Perch)

7:00-8:00PM Out Front to Beaver Dam Area
9:00-10:00PM North Corner Eddys Jetty
60-68℉, Cloudy some rain, 3-5mph SE

I wanted to get some frogging in before heading to Eddy's.  I really wasn't expecting much but was pleased with the amount of activity I saw with fish getting creamed out in Jenny's Reeds and to the East of Jenny's. I caught the one bass on a Terminator.  Then I got a pike on a Mad Maxx, which I then promptly lost to a pike.  Looking for that ate up time as a thunderstorm started rumbling.  I  missed four or five straight bites.  A couple of them might have been dogfish. I think one was a bass.  I started heading back and got the dogfish.  By the time I got it back in the water, it was sprinkling and just about 8PM so I quickly got off the water as it started to rain.

Got to Eddy's and a couple of boats worth of people had come in and were fishing at the Jetty due to the storms which passed to the SW.  Fortunately, nobody was on the North Corner where I promptly went.  I got a 25-incher almost immediately.  The picture was taken by a guy who had been out in a boat.  He said they caught a bunch, but nothing over 22-inches.  I caught a 17-incher next.  Then I switched to the X-Rap Shad Shallow as it started to rain.  I got a 20.5", 25", and 18" all on the X-Rap.  I then switched to the crackle Jerk Shad and got three fish form 13" to 21" on that.  Just like that, it was 10PM and I had to stop.  8 eyes in an hour I would say the bite was on.

No comments: