Saturday, June 22, 2019

Morning Trip GOMH, Reeds, F Flat/Evening Random Bites In the Reeds

16.5" Pure Poison/Craw Fatty
5:45-6:00AM GOMH (Nothing)
6:30-9:30AM Reeds Across, F Flat
70-56℉, Partly Cloudy, 2-12mph E SE

GOMH was a bust.  So were the reeds other than a couple of pike.  I went on to F Flat and got 3 bass (16.5,15.5,11) there on the Pure Poison/Craw Fatty. The last one came on a boat lift after I got hung up on it.  My boat control wasn't very good once the wind picked up and the Poison kept malfunctioning and I was missing bites.   I decided to head back in after about 100 yards of progress the troller slowed way down.  I had to use the starting battery to get back.

3 Bass
5 Pike
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2.99lbs/17" Teckel Sprinker (Watermelon)

Totally Calm

6:30-9:30PM Reeds Across the Way
73-68℉, Cloudy, 0-3mph SE

The weather changed my plans.  I was going to go to Mille Lacs tonight, but the wind stopped blowing and it didn't look like a thunderstorm was going to show up so I headed to the reeds across the way hoping it would be a smashfest.  It wasn't.  I would catch one here and one there with no rhyme or reason to where I got a bite.  They preferred the Sprinker, but I kept losing the bites on that when they would bury me in the reeds.  Finally, I got some fish on the Sprinker, including the biggest of the night, on my way back in the middle of the bed.  I caught four bass on the yellow Terminator and one on the green Terminator and on the Sparrow Bobby's Perfect.  I missed more than I caught.

9 Bass
6 Pike

For the Day
12 Bass
11 Pike 

No comments: