Tuesday, June 18, 2019

GOMH & Slop To the East/F Flat ROTW in the Evening



15.5" Shower Blows Knock Off (Orange)
Faded vs. New
4:40-6:20AM GOMH NE SW
7:00-10:00AM Slop to the East
64-52℉, Clouds but sometimes not, 2-4mph WNW

Got a 16-inch golden right away on the Jerk Shad and lost a bullhead on the very next cast.  Caught two jumpers on the SBKO.  The mosquitos were a pain.  Missed a couple of bites on the SW side and I backlashed the red Tatula something fierce when I cast a craw tube straight into the near wall.

I aborted plan to go to the Reeds Across the Way because there was to much chop on the water.  Instead I headed East of Jenny's.  The chop kept me from  seeing where the rice started, very annoying. Mostly pike were active. I only caught one 15" bass.  I missed as many hits as I landed.  The fish were not real active.

1 Gold
2 Jump
1 Bass
9 Pike
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2.84lbs/17.5" Terminator Frog Jr.

2.51lbs/17" Terminator Jr (Black/Ch)
65-71℉, Partly Cloudy, 0-3mphNW N

I headed for F-Flat.  There was some activity, but all I was getting was a few pike strikes.  I went to the docks and got a small bass on the Brovarney.  Over by the East "Dock", I lost a two-pound bass on consecutive casts: one by the base of a dock and the other out over the cabbage.  I also missed a couple strikes, don't know what they were.  It was coming up on 8PM so I elected not to go to Mille Lacs, but fish the reeds.  I lost my first couple of battles before catching a pike on the Sprinker then losing the tail. I caught a small bass on Maxx. I put that down and started throwing the Terminator Jr.  Catching some, losing some, and having fish dogfish me and not hook up.  I did lose a good one, my last bite, of the evening because I was moving toward the fish and it swam towards me.  Didn't even hang me in the reeds.

9 Bass
11 Pike
At least as much lost fish as I caught.  I wasn't on my game either trip. 

No comments: