Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Post Storms at Mille Lacs Jacking Eyes

25.5" Jerk Shad

24.5" Jerk Shad

Choked it on 1st Cast

24" X-Rap Shad Shallow

8:45-10:00PM Eddy's North Corner
57℉, Cloudy, 3 mph ESE

It had just quit raining when I arrived. There was a good chop on the water and I thought the fish might be on a rampage tonight.  The fishing was good, but they weren't suicidal. I threw the Rage Swimmer first and didn't get hit.  I then put on the Shad Shallow and had the 24-incher choke it on the first cast.  I thought I might be on to something, but didn't get another bite for 10 minutes when I got a 19.75" fish.  Another long lull had me switching to a Rippin Rap, nothing.  For the final half hour, I fished the crackle Jerk Shad and got 3 fish (25.5,17.5,24.5) and had 3 or 4 not hook up.  Lots of deer out on the way home.

5 Eyes

No comments: