Thursday, June 06, 2019

GOMH Morning/Bad Decision's on a Lovely Warm Night

5:00-8:00 GOMH NE SE SW NE
54-64℉, Partly Cloudy, 0-3mph South, Standing rock beginning to show

I arrived later than I should have getting there at 5AM and then I didn't think to switch out a box with H2O and X-Rap Boxes.  I was to gung ho and lazy to go and switch.  I think I had one hit on the Grass Pig.  Then nothing for 20-minutes and Panfish Guy showed up.  I got two toothy's on the Poison and had one miss the Shower Blows.  I think I had a jumper miss the SBKO as well.

The sun was up so I went on the SE side and got a couple on the Slush Minnow.  PG went to the NE side so I went West.  The cotton was a pain and I had to cut off three different times to get the stuff off my line.  I caught fish on the SBKO and various craw tubes.  Nothing over 13-inches.

I went back to the NE side because PG left and got one last dink on a KVD 1.5.

12 Jumpers
3 Toothys

When will some bigger fish start showing up again?  Also, no hits from the NE slop.  Just nothing.  Dats Amazin!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
6:00-9:15PM Our Bay
84-75℉, Sunny, 0-4mph SSW

So as I was getting stuff in the boat a bass boat comes into view headed full bore for the docks across the way with me saying "not the docks, not the docks, not the docks."  My plan tonight was to fish the docks in our bay.  By the time I was ready to shove off two other bass boats came into our bay.  Must be a league night, it was.  I started at Sherman's and headed East.  I missed a couple of hits on the Sprinker before I got to Beaver Dam Point, giving me some hope some fish might be in shallow slop, but that was not to be.  I got my jig bit off on Jenny's west neighbors dock.  There was a cotton slick covering a lot of the area to the East of Jenny's almost until "the dock".  I had a small bass on briefly that fell for the Stanley Phantom before the SE corner.  I met one of the league night Nitro's with 3 guys fishing in it in the SE corner.  They said they had gotten a few bass, but all were on the small side.  I held out hope that maybe fish would pull up as the night transpired.  And having confidence you can fish behind others is a thing I have.  Something blew up on a dock I had just fished so I doubled back.  Turns out it was a pike.  I had a few tugs on the docks, some of which were sunfish.  I missed one that felt good that hung me on the dock.  I talked with 3 different dock owners.  I got one dink before the NE corner.  And I got one hammer handle to the West of the dock.  Fish just were not in shallow.  I didn't feel like heading to the reeds as it was now after 9PM, so I headed in.

I contemplated what I should have done differently as I came back in.  My conclusion was that upon seeing it was a league night I should have packed up for smallies at Mille Lacs on this calm night. (But my trip the next morning pretty much proved that theory wrong.  NO smallies around the Jetty.) 

No comments: