Monday, June 17, 2019

At Platte Froggin' Then to the Jetty

2.62lbs/17" Mad Maxx (Grapes of Wrath)

No fear with Maxx, I sent it!

2.68lbs/17.75" Terminator Frog (Yellow)

4.36lbs/24.5" Rage Swimmer (Pearl/GP)

5:30-8:00PM Out Front to Jenny's
9:00-10:00PM Eddy's Jetty Center Standing Rock and North Corner
68-60℉, Partly to Mostly Cloudy, 3-8mph WNW

I got everything in the Trophy then went and threw some casts off the dock.  I got two bass (14,12) doing that.  I thought the 12-incher was a good one from the amount of body I saw when it hit, fooled me.  I felt good about the hookset on both fish.  I jacked 'em.

I got in the Trophy and wouldn't you know it but the wind increased and shifted slightly more out of the North which made conditions go from good to annoying to fish in.  It switched back and forth between what I liked and what I didn't about 4 different times.  I missed my first 4 or 5 bites.  They weren't high-quality strikes. I then had a good size bass nail Maxx and I got a good hookset.  I had her coming towards me and figured I had her in the boat and didn't keep reeling like my mad.  The fish took that opportunity to dive into some pads and get off.  I was not happy.  I then caught a pike.  I got the first 17-incher over by the start of the reeds in front of Jenny's neighbors on Maxx.  I got a 14.5-incher casting back into the pads towards the Beaver Dam.  I had several swirls and missed bites in the reeds and rice.  Finally, I had a fish lay the wood to the Terminator Frog and I laid the wood on to the bass; The second 17-inch fish. That was it for Platte.

At Mille Lacs, there were a bunch of bass boats on trailers leading me to believe a club had an outing tonight.  The North Corner was taken up by a guy and a chick fishing with baitcasters with tubes for smallmouths.  She actually caught one little guy.  Do to me listening to the Twins a Dad got to the Harbor Mouth which is where I would have gone.  I took the Center Standing Rock and caught the big girl on my third cast with the Rage Swimmer.  The Native Smoker from last night showed up and started fishing next to me.  I had a bite that didn't hook up.  I tried the Shad Shallow and didn't get a hit.  The Dad left the Harbor Mouth and the Native Smoker went and fished on Pete's Rock.  I didn't go to the Harbor Mouth because there was a guy fishing it from Center Jetty.  The Guy and Gal left at about 9:30PM.  I had a couple of bites on the North Corner on the Rage Swimmer and Rippin Rap that didn't hook up.  I had a couple of smaller feeling fish get off on the Jerk Shad before I finally caught a cigar as the clock struck 10. I went and talked fishing for a little while with NS before I left.

5 Bass
3 Pike
2 Walleye 


No comments: