Wednesday, June 12, 2019

GOMH Morning/Evening at Eddy's Again

5:10-5:40AM GOMH NE SW
50℉, Partly Cloudy, 3mph NW

The plan was to hit the GOMH and if nothing was going head to Mille Lacs.  I got to the GOMH later than I should have by half an hour. Nothing was on the North side. By the time I headed South Panfish Guy was on the SW side and getting a few oranges. I got one toothy on the SBKO orange and had one bite before that, possibly the same fish.  I didn't stay long.  Went to check if the boat needed to be drained, it didn't.  Decided the light winds and sun probably meant a skunk at Mille Lacs, so I decided not to go.  Did briefly give Bulldog a try. Nothing.  I think I'm going to get the Slop Slip out for some slop fishing on Bulldog and Rock while the Trophy is down.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4.45lbs/25" Rippin Rap (Perch)

22" Jerk Shad (Chrome)

12" Rippin' Rap

7:30-10:00PM Eddy's Jetty North Corner
60-54℉, Sunny, 12-16mph NE

I arrived as the drummer guy was stringing up poles for his two kids.  I got out to the Jetty pretty quickly.  The waves were coming in just slightly to the south with some pretty good rollers among them.  Nothing on a Rage Swimmer.  I got the 22-incher pretty quickly on the chrome Jerk Shad. No other bites.  I then tried the Shad Shallow, nothing.  Got the 25" on the Rippin Rap.  When I first saw it in the surf she looked like a giant.  I then got a couple of 16ish fish on the Rap.  Went back to the chrome Jerk Shad and got a 16" on that.  After the sun went down I got a 12", 24", and 17" on the Rippin Rap.  The iPhone died so I didn't get a picture of the 24".  I also missed a couple of bites.  One of which on the Rippin Rap that hit on the initial fall.

8 Walleye

No comments: