Monday, July 01, 2019

Should Have Been There In the Afternoon



15.75" Big Sexy Mad Maxx

16.25" Ish's Phat (Black/Yellow)

7:00-9:50PM Dock, Jenny's Slop, Reeds Across
73-78℉, Partly Cloudy to Sunny, Calm
Water Temp: 76℉
Got an inch plus rain in the morning

The afternoon was the time to be out. Calm cloudy and 74℉, but I had a Chiro appointment.  AGGH.  I got up to the lake place and Belle, Mal, and Grace were fishing off the dock.  I put worms on for Belle and Mal. Belle got 3 small sunnies.

Todd and I headed over to Jenny's slop, to begin with.  Todd's bass for the night was a fish that missed my frog about 5 minutes earlier.  We had a bunch of fish fooling with us in the Beaver Dam area.  I didn't connect with an awesome strike in the rice, reeds, and pads in front of Jenny's neighbors.  It wasn't happening so I made the move to the Reeds at 8:20PM.  There wasn't a cloud in the sky at that point.  I finally got on the board when a pike hit my Ish's and promptly caused it to become a sinker.  I put on the Black/Yellow Ish's and got my bass of the evening on that in the North bed.  I missed one good blow up along the North reed edge.  My energy level then dropped like a rock.  Todd missed a good one there as well.

Two bass, not great fishing

No comments: