Wednesday, June 26, 2019

With Todd In the Morning/Tough Evening On a Nice Night

3.28lbs/17.25" Sprinker (Bone)

3.04lbs/17" Sprinker (Bone)


5:30-8:30AM Reeds Across, F Flat, West Point Docks
65-55℉, Partly Cloudy, 0-4mph W

We headed straight for the reeds. Todd started things off great with back to back 3lbers on the bone Sprinker.  He also got a couple of 16-inchers on the Sprinker.  I caught one 16-incher on "The Killer" Spro Bronzeye and missed a bunch of bites.  We had about a 45-minute window when they were hitting then they were done in the reeds.  We tried F Flat, but not much was going on.  On the way in I got a 15-incher on a junebug craw tube off of West Point Dock and missed a couple of bites as well.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

One from last night and the rest today
6:00-9:30PM Jenny's Slop, Docks Across, Reeds Across
74-84℉, Mostly Sunny, 0-4mph West
73℉ Water Temp

I was hoping the warm day would fire up the fish. It had the baitfish active, the gamefish not so much.  Maybe there is to much bait in the system right now.  Who knows.  Fish weight seems to be on the upswing.  Started in the rice, just go one small bass and a couple pike.  I made a run for "the dock", which has been mostly taken in.  I got one small bass off of the multiple dock.  I was making my way to the reeds when I threw back towards a dock on the point and got a 15-incher.  I got in the reeds and dropped a 16/17 and got a 16-incher pretty quickly.  I thought maybe it was gonna be AWWWWWWWN, but it really slowed down to nothing in the final hour and a half.

Not bad as far as the weight for the 6 Best though.

No comments: