Tuesday, August 06, 2019

Evening Trip With Todd In The Reeds On Sullivan

3.06lbs/18" Phat Frog (Cali B/Y)

13" Terminator Frog (Yellow) 
7:00-9:00PM Reeds NW Sullivan
79-73℉, Partly Cloudy, 2-5mph SW
WT: 82-79℉

I decided with the SW wind not to fish the North reeds, but the NW reeds in Sullivan.  It looked like I had mad a good choice when I bagged the 3lber right away on Ish's Cali.  Todd lost a fish soon after.  The action slowed significantly.  I had a couple of pike miss the Ish's.  Eventually, I put that down and started getting some peanuts on the Sweet Revenge.  Over in the juice, I got a couple more peanuts and missed a bite or two as did Todd.  I was lucky and got the 15-incher in the boat; It hit when the frog was just sitting there as I was going to turn the trolling motor on.  Todd lost a good one by the boat that got hung in the reeds.   Not a great trip for Todd with only one bass landed.

Me: 6 Bass 4 Pike
Todd: 1 Bass 3 Pike

No comments: